Is Invisalign Right for You?
Do you find metal braces unattractive? Invisalign offers an excellent alternative to traditional braces. Dentist Dr. Rosemarie Márquez provides Invisalign treatment in her St. Petersburg, FL office.
The Invisalign process
You won't see any metal when you wear Invisalign aligner trays—they are made of clear plastic and fit your teeth snugly, ensuring near invisibility. The Invisalign system uses CAD/CAM technology to design trays that gradually change the position of your teeth. Each tray in the series is worn for two weeks and is kept in your mouth for 20 to 22 hours per day. Your St. Petersburg dentist creates a 3D image of your mouth, which is used to produce your custom-designed trays.
Unique advantages of Invisalign
Choosing an orthodontic treatment is a big decision. After all, you'll wear braces or aligners for quite some time before treatment is complete. Before you make a choice, you'll want to consider a few benefits of Invisalign, such as:
- Suitability: Invisalign is effective in alleviating crowding, correcting spacing issues, and improving underbites, overbites, crossbites, and open bites. If you have a mild-to-moderate bite problem, Invisalign is a good choice. (Severe or complicated bite problems may require treatment with metal braces.)
- Appearance: No one needs to know that you're straightening your teeth when your aligners are clear.
- Comfort: Your aligner trays are made of comfortable plastic, meaning that they don't require any painful adjustments and that you won't have to worry about cuts from loose brace wires.
- Convenience: Even aligner trays can get in the way when you're playing sports or attending a special event. Luckily, you can take them out for a few hours occasionally without affecting your progress.
- No-Fuss Oral Hygiene: Meticulous cleaning around wires and brackets is a must if you wear metal braces. Invisalign makes this process easy, as aligner trays are removed before you brush and floss.
- Easier Eating: There's no need for food restrictions with Invisalign. You simply remove your trays before you eat or drink anything other than water, then brush and replace them after you enjoy a meal or beverage.
- Shorter Treatment Time for Adults: Adults may only need to wear the trays for about a year.
Straighten your smile with Invisalign! Call your St. Petersburg, FL, dentist, Dr. Rosemarie Márquez, at (727) 345-1774 to schedule an appointment.